Our purpose is to gather as a family rooted in Christ to grow in holiness in order to serve others as we build up the Kingdom of God.
To enthusiastically gather as a parish family to celebrate the Love of Christ through the sacraments, liturgy, and prayer. We grow in knowledge and wisdom of the Catholic Faith which bears fruit in hospitality and service to others.
St. John Fisher is a Catholic elementary school (K-8), partnering with families to enable each child to develop as a whole person: spiritually, morally, academically, socially, physically and culturally, by offering a holy, safe, disciplined, and inspiring learning environment. Visit our school website.
Archbishop Howard dedicated St. John Fisher Church and School in 1959. The school was built first and staffed by the Sisters of St. Francis. Mass was held in the gymnasium. The church was completed in 1968.
Father DeJardin was appointment the first pastor in 1960 and served until his death 1972. Father Goodrich was the pastor from 1972-1988. He was succeeded by Father Forbes from 1988 until his death in 2010. Msgr. Murphy served as Pastor from 2010 to 2012. Fr. Richard Thompson became pastor in 2012.